Always remember to brush and floss daily. In addition, mouthwash can be beneficial to your oral health, if you know what to look for. Some mouthwashes only seek to freshen your breath, whereas others have the capability to act as an additional layer of protection for your teeth. No mouthwash can replace brushing or flossing, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be considered useful. Here are some of the benefits mouthwashes could provide:
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Derek C. Barnes. We can be reached via phone at 704-849-6700, or by stopping by at our location in Charlotte, North Carolina. Don’t let cavities ruin your autumn season. Come in today for a professional exam.